The Walter Mitty in me.

How many times do we stop in our present to dream of the future. Me? Loads and loads of time. I am always procastinating my today’s work to dream of the future, far far away. And my favourite  potraits are those where I dream of the impossible. I like dreaming of things that will never come true. I like to dream that I am a super model (stretching the fantasy to the extreme) or  a world reknowned neursosurgeon, better still, an all-rounder artist, that is, a singer,  dancer, painter, poet, novelist. Of course there are more. But unlike Mr. Walter Mitty, I don’t mix my reality with my fantasy, but like him I use it often to escape my frustrating reality.
 And why I dream of things that can never come true?  Because those dreams come at a lesser price. If you see realistic dreams, you have hope of reaching there one day, you expect to live your fantasy in reality in your future, and when that doesn’t happen, there is always some degree of disappointment. And disappointment, as it is generally known, is kind of a difficult feeling to supress or ignore.  So to save myself from all that, I like being Mr. Walter Mitty once in a while.

Comments

  1. Hey nanu, I always read your journals. It makes me happy as well as sad.. but most of all, I am encouraged by your writings. I don't take it as a forceful readership( just so you know :P )
    love you.. M saving all your works...:D :D :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Disappearing Future

Love story: teen story

Titled Tsunami.