capturing moments.

We had kheer party today. We were all gathered, my seniors, some of my juniors and batch mates.  Three of us were the cook of the day, one of my senior, one of my batch mate and me. With kheer there was a potato curry, aludum, and it was so yummy, that the entire pot got cleaned up and I was the one to end it. My senior, daju, was serving me what was left of it, the gravy part. He was shaking the spatula to get off every last bit of it on my plate, but instead it hit my forehead. I believe it was right on the centre like a tika because a friend of mine began laughing and pointing it out to everyone. I asked for a tissue, someone passed it, but she got hold of it and wouldn’t pass it to me. She kept laughing and pointing it out to everyone, I felt so embarrassed that I was on the verge of tears. I squinted my eyes to make it look like I had something in my eye too, but I was simply trying to hide the tears of embarrassment that had welled up in my eyes. Finally someone passed the tissue and I could wipe it, swallow my tears and make a comment and leave it behind, (not entirely).

At the end of the meal, I was at the wash basin doing the dishes, when a senior acho approached. He asked if the lid to a container that was lying on the side was needed. I was busy scrubbing a pot, I glanced at it and said, “No.” He said, “Then let me wash it.” I simply gave him some space and told him to go ahead. I didn’t know that I was suppose to say, “Give me, let me wash it for you,” as I was already occupied with another pot. But when he mentioned it, I realized how Far I am to becoming a real lady.

p.s. I know she never intended to hurt me, I have no complains whatsoever, I am  just sharing the moment, my version of the moment. I can picture how funny it was to her, so I can’t blame her at all for laughing. J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Disappearing Future

Love story: teen story

Photograph