adjust and eat...

I silently smile when I see myself putting zeera and garlic into the curry as I cook, I used to vow at one point of time that I will never add them when I cook.
I silently smile when I eat the things I used throw a tantrum about at home whenever i found them included in the meals, especially in the dishes I liked.

One half of me feels proud, I think, its growing up, am growing up, am learning to adjust. The other half of me finds myself a hypocrite, why should I pretend to like the things I don't like? But I guess it's not pretending, am not saying I like them, I just have learnt to live with them being on my plate. It's adjusting.
Adjusting, I have learnt is vital to survive. You have to learn to adjust to new surrounding as and when you move, and that's the only way you can live, or else, you are victim of depression, or in case of food, eating disorders.

Well i guess, life is Darwin's theory, "survival of the fittest". Adaptation renders you fit. Had Darwin ever thought that his theory would be applied in something as simple as food?

(Ah! I write awful.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Disappearing Future

Love story: teen story

Photograph