Love story: teen story



I always wondered how my love story would begin. I knew I would have one. Having a family history of love marriages, I knew I would end up in one too, and to have a love marriage one needs a love story, right! So this wondering began early (the initial thought maximally contributed by movies and partly by novels). 

I was definitely not that “pretty, sweet girl down the street” that every guy fell for. I was known as Hitler and Dorji Dorlo, depicting how scary I was (I think). The first time I think I fell in love and got flat rejected (so much so that the guy wouldn’t even look at me) I realized I was ugly too. Dad said that he fell in love with mom the first time he saw her… well that was out for me.

High school came to an end without even a single guy looking my direction romantically. Oh! Wait I had one person who approached, and it was epic (as in hilarious). (And I am saying that because it was way too obvious that he held no feelings for me, he was only asking me because his friends had asked my friends). Well, he at least gave me one moment in my life that I won’t forget.

They said a girl’s life is like a flower, initially they are buds and then they bloom into beautiful, exotic flowers and then they wilt with age. I watched my friends bloom into beautiful ladies, and I began to wonder if I was the non-flowering plant.
I always complained to mom, why when she could pass on to me all her character traits, did she hesitate to pass on her beauty?!! And my mom would just respond to that sarcastically.
When I planned on getting braces on my teeth, my dad made a jovial comment “Good! Now I don’t have to worry about you indulging in other things for at least another 2 years. Am glad” I knew he meant about the boyfriend issue, and I wanted to tell him, “Dad, look closely! I don’t need braces to repel boys”.

By the time I was in class 12, ready to pass out from high school, ( yet no love story or even a spark of it,  not a trace of someone wanting to be my prince charming), when people asked me what kind of marriage do u want, I responded, “arranged”.

Came college, people said this is where most find love, but for me, I was too disappointed already.  I believed love story were for pretty girls or sweet girls or those who were dead-stubborn. I was too ugly for someone to look at me and fall for me, too irritating for any guy to “love” me after knowing me, too independent for any boy to even consider me.
I did not seek for love story any more (I had no other option). I had got my dream; I was on the path to become a doctor, who cared for love stories and love marriage!!! With my friends I made a pact that we wouldn’t make a boyfriend until we passed out. I thought “that’s a piece of cake”, how was I goanna make a boyfriend if no boy ever approached me, right!

The rest is history and part of another text. But this is my teen (love) story. :D 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Disappearing Future

Photograph