It's funny!

Recently I had been hurt real bad. If you really consider the situation, it's no big deal, but maybe I had put so much faith on that one small thing that it suddenly not being true hurt me a lot. I have cried a lot about it, been trying really hard to get over it, and now I m in a stage of recovery. And right now everything that used to hurt me before feels funny.
When someone cut me in the middle of a sentence, I used to get very irritated, now I find myself smiling at the situation. When a friend greeted everyone but forgot me, I used to get really hurt, but now I find myself silently laughing. Everything that's suppose to be hurtful, being ignored, rejected, insulted, getting ill, getting wounded, I find myself laughing in all these situations. It’s as if like I am saying unconsciously, "if I can get through that, everything else is a joke."
Have any of you ever been through this phase? I wonder.

It’s like laughter therapy right? But I would rather be angry and irritated and be in tears. The way I am right now, I feel abnormal.

What got me writing tonight is another un-funnily funny situation. I called up someone to wish them on their birthday and they were the least bit interested in talking to me. Normally, I would have been really hurt, but I just hung up and started laughing, and that brought me to this realization and this piece of writing.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Disappearing Future

Love story: teen story

Photograph