just a passing thought...

"Love me like I love you, only then will you know what fool love can make you."

I had someone in my mind when I thought of this line, but when I laid back on my bed after updating it as my Facebook status, I suddenly felt like my mom was saying to me that very line..."love me like I love you, only then will you know what fool love can make you."
...How many times has she sacrificed her sleep to put us to bed, how many times has she sacrificed her needs to fulfill our desires, how many times has she given up on her share, just so that we have more than we care... She has sacrificed her health nursing us, sacrificed her beauty grooming us... 
And then dad's voice echoed to me from the darkness of my room, "love me like i love you, only then will you know what fool love can make you". From the time he became a dad, he has only struggled just so that his children can have a better life than him, just so that they always have what they want and even more, sacrificing his peace of mind, his health, his time with his beautiful wife, his hobbies and even himself... only for his kids.
When we think of love, why don't our parents strike first in our mind? Why is there a boyfriend or a girlfriend or a dream boy or girl and so on in our head???
Nobody does, will or can love us as crazily as our parents do.
Why can't we love them as crazily too... ????

Just a passing thought...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Disappearing Future

Love story: teen story

Photograph