Breakdown

I am struggling to keep my thoughts together, keep it sane
Struggling to keep my calm and have some grace
Struggling to hold back my tears that are flooding the gates
Why? I do not know; answers I have none
 
All around me I only see the mistakes I have done
I feel the glare of disapproval
I hear my own thoughts echo the humiliation
Why? I do not know; answers I have none
 
I am struggling to keep up pace, step to step
Struggling to hold my place, be strong and firm
Struggling with thoughts that say, “not good enough”
Sigh…deep breath* Please help me god!
 
“Focus on the positive” I can’t do
All I see is failure, I see no good
Don’t want to think myself as weak, yet here I am
Sigh…deep breath* Can’t this battle be won?
 
I look at me and what do I see?!
What do I have not that one would need?!
What is this overwhelming anxiety?!
I do not know. Answers I have none
 
But a hundred thousand questions
That judges me and my capabilities
Questions my existence and necessity
Sigh…deep breath* Is there light ahead?
Or is it the end!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Disappearing Future

Failures: are they really pillars of success?

Photograph