Just for Myself

From being pretty to pretty fat,
From being best to second, and then last,
Being told over and over again "you aren't good in this, you aren't good in that",
Knowing that all your achievements are your luck,
Never being able to shed a drop of sweat by working hard,
Facing rejection, doing reflection,
Thinking so deep, yet never gaining the depth,
From leader to a follower,
That's the story of my life.
Failure, failure,
Utter failure,
That's who I am, that's who I have become,
That's where I am trapped.

Even though I know I can only be good,
And never the best,
I need to keep pushing,
Just for myself.

Even though I know I am stupid,
And those who matter have lost their trust in me,
I need to keep believing,
Just for myself.

It's time I stopped questioning,
It's time I answered for me,
It's time to stand tall,
And respect all I am and all I can be,

I just need to have a little faith in me,
Just for myself....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Disappearing Future

Love story: teen story

Photograph