Title? Thoughts vs Belief

So, I have been thinking when was the last time I wrote something that wasn't about me. It's been ages. I also can't remember a day I had a great time, where I forgot all my worries, when I didn't feel out of place or feel the need to be back home. When I didn't have to swallow my words and keep my thoughts quite, where I had been just me. Is this just being adult or is it more. I, for one day, want to step out of this circle of obligation and responsibilities and sensibility, and indulge in me. I am sure everyone wants that.
A mother, above everyone else, perhaps needs that break, to indulge in themselves, just for a while. But when someone does go out and do that, we judge them. Big time. I just remembered I did that, and not too long ago. I guess sometimes we have to sit back and think about what we believe in and what we actually do.
I for one, am aware that my actions and my thoughts are often in contradiction to what I believe in and firmly support and I am learning that sometimes it needs conscious practice to think a certain way, to change the way you think, and make it more in line with what you believe.

Confusing??
I guess you will need a moment to sit back and think about it.

What are your thoughts on feminism, rape culture? Do you believe in victim blaming??
But what do you say when you see a girl wearing tight jeans and skimpy tops and heavy make up? That she is asking for it?!!
Is your thought in line with what you believe? Does it reflect what you support?

This particular topic, it has taken me a while to get my thought reflect my belief. And like I said, it sometimes needs constant conscious practice to change something that is so ingrained in us. The above mentioned idea has been ingrained in us since childhood.

FYI: she is not asking for it, even he is not asking for it, unless  he/she say so themselves. And am not only talking about rape, it can be sexual molestation , and it can be verbal or physical, something as common place as to be touched inappropriately without consent, to be stalked, and eveteased.
And to be honest, almost every girl has a had a #metoo moment in their life at least once, Don't try to be a part of another moment like that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Disappearing Future

Failures: are they really pillars of success?

Photograph