At the 13th hour

I am sure you have heard about  people who work at the 11th hour.

Hello, you know me.
I do my work at the 13th hour (well that is not saying much if you think that the day has 24 hours, but lets stick to the classic analog clock). And when I say 13th hour, please don't imagine me trying to bribe someone.

So what do I mean.
See, 11th hour work involves, for an example (and probably the only time I do any work) during an exam, doing crash course the night before the exam, studying all through the night, burning the midnight oil, etc. I am not like that, I believe in sleeping adequately before exams, so even if I don't know much, I will retain the functioning capacity of my brain, to bluff around what little I know.

So what does the 13th hour work involve?
When you finish writing your paper early (while everybody else is furiously scribbling, and you have exhausted even your think tank), you try to give yourself marks based on your answers and past experience, and see if you can somehow manage a pass mark;
When you are walking home or going to bed, you keep thinking if you would get a bit of more marks for certain questions than you previously thought, and may be with that secure a pass mark;
After a week, believing you did enough to pass;
Being 100% sure you failed when the result is due in a few days.



Exam up in week, so trying to relive my past experiences as I find myself completely incapable of putting in any productive effort to study.
Wish me luck.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Disappearing Future

Love story: teen story

Photograph