Well, it's funny too.

My confidence continues to crumble,
By the tongue I can neither speak nor understand.
I smile through the blank phases in my mind.
It is but my fault that I can not learn.
Even though I am taught to pronounce a word over a hundred times,
I follow, and I try my best,
When I wish, I could just sit and cry in earnest.

The things I try, to make myself understood,
I unabashedly speak nonsensical phrases,
Over and over too.
I just nod my head as they narrate all I need,
Half of it is more than I can heed.
I smile when they smile and that's the best I can do,
They stare at me and are probably thinking, "is she a fool?!"

And am smiling at myself thinking, "well, this is awful!"
But you have to admit,
It's... Well, it's funny too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Disappearing Future

Love story: teen story

Photograph