For now, I give up.

Staring at the mirror, feeling low. A tear shines and then it goes.
Life’s like quicksand,
and I can't stand, I can't stand.
I am crying in earnest now
But I can't hear my sobs.
Am just goanna rest my head on the pillow and let it soak.
Right now I feel like I can't take it more, take it anymore.
Things I didn't do haunts me most.
Paper scattered all around,
I close my eyes and rest my head for a while.
Think, think don't think,
There's too many things.
Life goes on, everything is wrong.

I put on my shoes and am chasing time.
I was always slow but now I know how it feels,
To be left behind.
I keep telling myself that life is long.
I got to keep pushing myself and that is going strong.
One step at a time is not good enough.
Time leaps ahead when I am barely sitting up.
I have lost the race before its end.
Is it the end of my hope? Am I losing faith?
What is the point in lamenting?
Who really cares? And what if they care too?
It’s not goanna make me with this race.
This is the dead end of an endless road.
So I am just goanna lie down here, not think anymore.
I will quit chasing time and smile.
Since I have already lost, there's nothing more to lose.

But why is it so hard to give up,
Even when you know all you're goanna get is get hurt.
You have lost yet you have to run this race,
watch time laugh at you on the face.
"You wasted me" it’s saying, "now I will waste your life."
I am vegetable without a place, I ought to disappear without a trace.

Living a dream without life, 
I should just give up, end the strife.
Then where shall I go? And do what?
Another beginning,
Know that I have lost before the end.
Again and again. It's all over again.

Am staring at the mirror, laughing now.
How amusing am I and my train of thoughts.
Am just goanna lie on my bed now, sort it out later.
Am too tired today to chase you, time.
I know you've gone far ahead and I can never catch up.
Let’s race another day. 
I am just goanna save my tears for the times when I ain't ready to give up.

For now, I give up!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Disappearing Future

Love story: teen story

Photograph